Reigning Portuguese SX and MX champ Hugo Bausaula put his Shocktech Kawasaki in pole position after this morning’s Pro qualifying session at the fourth round of the 2018 Power Maxed Arenacross Tour.
Having used the 2017 Tour to learn the tracks and get to grips with the technically challenging nature of Arenacross, Basaula, has seen his hard efforts pay off. He was fastest in all qualifying sessions and is hell bent on carrying that speed through to this evening’s heats and main event. Less than half a second separated the top six who all posted sub-21-second lap times.
“I’m really getting to grips with Arenacross this year,” said the hard-charging Portuguese rider. “I’ve put last year’s silly mistakes behind me and have concentrated on good speed and consistency. The Pro class is so competitive and close this year that even the smallest mistake could be costly. I’m really looking forward to this evening.”
Another rider showing good form and consistency is Team FRO System’s Ashley Greedy he was again the top British qualifier in eighth with a time of 21.116.
1. Hugo Basaula, Portugal, Shocktech Kawasaki, 20.667
2. Thomas Ramette, France, SR75 World Suzuki, 20.787
3. Adrien Escoffier, France, MVR-D Husqvarna, 20.793
4. Cedric Soubeyras, France, Team FRO Systems, 20.918
5. Dan Reardon, Australia, I-Fly JK Yamaha, 20.941
6. Cyrille Coulon, SR75 World Suzuki, 20.955
7. Julien Lebeau, I-Fly JK Yamaha, 21.076
8. Ashley Greedy, Team FRO Systems, 21.116
9. Jack Brunell, Team Green Holeshot Kawasaki, 21.256
10. Charles Lefrancois, Buildbase Honda, 21.276
Tickets are available from the Arena website www.ssearenabelfast.com or 02890 739074. They’ll also be on the door right up until 7.30pm each evening. Prices start from £17.
For Tour information visit www.arenacrossuk.com