Beta is launching the new 2017 RR Racing model range this month, the bike that won the 2016 Manufacturers World Championship and helped Steve Holcombe to become World Champion in the prestigious E3 class along with Johnny Aubert finishing second.
Besides benefiting from the new features already present on the standard models, the new Beta “Racing” versions feature innovations in suspension as well as providing special features for the racer. New for the 2017 Race line-up is the introduction of the 390 4T to the family. 2017 RR Racing models will be available in the following engine sizes: 250 – 300 2T and 350 – 390 – 430 – 480 4T, all displayed in the EICMA show in Italy this month. All the bikes comply with European legislation Euro4.
The Beta engineers worked hard to further improve the front suspension feel of the bike. The close cartridge Sachs fork (ø 48 mm) further evolves by increasing both wheelbase and stroke while improving some internal parts to improve reliability and performance. Just like the 2017 series fork, the closed cartridge version adopts the new Liqui Moly oil which has proven to reduce friction while offering a more consistent performance during the longer events.
All 2T “Racing” versions continue to run Premix unlike the standard RR 2T models which come equipped with an oil injection system. Beta engineers have decided to remove this feature to minimise weight however, with carburettor and electric wiring already designed for, a separate mixing system can be easily implemented on Racing models thanks to a kit that can be bought from the accessories catalogue.
Added features to all Race Editions that make them stand out from a standard model include:
– Quick release front axle handle: it speeds up tyre repairs and is very useful during a race as it saves precious seconds.
– Flag style hand guards.
– Black ergal footrests: lightweight and sturdy, with a wider contact surface and steel pins to ensure maximum grip in all conditions as well as durability over time.
– Rear sprocket with an anodised aluminium core and stainless steel teeth: combining light weight sprocket with the durability of a steel sprocket.
– Red ergal chain tensioner blocks.
– Black Excel rims.
– Racing seat with a pocket for score cards.
– Black anodised shift lever and rear brake pedal.
– Transmission oil filler cap, engine oil cap (4t) and oil filter cap (4t) made of red anodised aluminium with a pure Factory look.
– Red rim stickers and Racing graphics.
Prices and production details have not yet been announced.