With the season in full swing, here are some updates about who is injured and who is switching around teams to fill in:
- Romain Febvre is unlikely to start in Sunday’s German GP after he injured tendons after a crash with Arminas Jasikonis at the Latvian GP on Sunday. “Nothing broken, but the tendons in the forearm are damaged witch is going to heal by itself,” said Febvre. “But we don’t know how long it’s going to take. I can ride with it as soon as I get my total power back, but it’s going to hurt for a while.. We are going to see day by day how the power and the swelling improves.”
- HRC fill-in MXGP rider Todd Waters has had surgey to mens the collarbone he broke in his debut for the team at Lavia. He crashed out of a top ten place in the qualifying race. “Obviously I’m really disappointed with how the weekend went, especially as I felt I was finally getting rid of nerves and showing some speed,” he said. “It’s a pity, but I had the operation and we’re now ready to head back to Holland. It has happened to me before and we have a strong programme in place to get back to racing as soon as possible. The team has been so supportive all along as they came to visit more than once to make sure everything was under control. This is nice: it makes me feel at home and welcome in the Honda family. I feel privileged and even more motivated to get back and do well.”
- Anthony Rodriguez will replace the injured Rusian Vsevolod Brylyakov on the Kemea Yamaha Official MX2 Team until Brylyakov is ready to return. The 22-year-old if from Venuzuela but has been in the USA for nine years. He’ll race in Sunday’s German GP. He was ninth in the East Coast Supercross series this year. Last year, he raced in two GPs, Italy and Portugal where his best result was a eighth in Agueda.
- Alex Ray will fill-in for Cooper Webb at selected rounds of the 2018 AMA Nationals, beginning with Round 2 at Glen Helen Raceway.
- Kawasaki’s Josh Grant will miss the opening round of the US Nationals at Hangtown as he has not yet recovered from the broken right leg he injured during the Supercross season.