You are here
Home > MOTO HEADLINES > British Racing > Marshfield 2-Stroke Festival postponed

Marshfield 2-Stroke Festival postponed

The Apico 2-Stroke Festival was due to start next weekend at the Marshfield venue, though due to complications with the track the decision has been taken to postpone the event.

The First round will now be at Iron Works near Middlesbrough on July 7-8, with the view to run Marshfield at a date after the Sellindge round on August 4-5.

A lot of work by series organsier Dave Willet and the team at Marshfield has gone into trying to pull everything together in time and sadly this has not been achieved. Though with that said, and with the track’s being primed and ready for the other two rounds at Iron Works and Sellindge, it’ll be full steam ahead come July for the first round at the all new Iron Works – previously South Tees MX Track.

Willet said: “It is with regret that we’ve had to postpone the first round of the Apico 2-Stroke Festival due to the track at Marshfield not being up to the standard we’d been expecting for the event. The track people had initially made assurances some time ago regarding improvements and this has not materialised in time. As a rider myself, and knowing what I had promised the entrants in terms of the track and the event, it is with sadness I have to report that my expectations and in turn the riders have not been met. The round can still be re-run at a later date in the season. I can only apologise on behalf of all involved for having to cancel the meeting.”

Similar Articles

Leave a Reply

Top