Team Fro Systems’ Cedric Soubeyras charged his Suzuki to the top of this morning’s Arenacross Power Maxed Pro class qualifying session with an average time of 22.935s, at the opening UK Arenacross round in Manchester. Three seconds separated first to 22nd-placed rider and the soft track provided quite a challenge for the fast field of Pro riders.
Reigning AX Pro champ Thomas Ramette, of SR75 Suzuki was second on 23.155s, with leading Brit Elliott Banks-Browne a close third on his Geartech Husqvarna, posting a time of 23.164.
1. Cedric Soubeyras, Team Fro Systems, 22.935
2. Thomas Ramette, SR75 World Suzuki, 23.155
3. Elliott Banks-Browne, Geartech Husqvarna, 23.164
4. Charles Le Francois, Buildbase Honda, 23.174
5. Dan Reardon, JK I-Fly Yamaha, 23.253
6. Cyrille Coulon, SR75 World Suzuki, 23.403
7. Hugo Basaula, Shockteck Kawasaki, 23.499
8. Evgeny Bobryshev, RFX Suzuki, 23.648
9. Adrien Escoffier, MVR-D St Blazey Husqvarna, 23.547
10. Jack Brunell, Team Green Holeshot Kawasaki, 23.585
2016 Pro Lites champ Joe Clayton (Team Green Holeshot Kawasaki) headed up the first Pro Lites 2018 qualifying, ahead of Chris Bayliss (Wooldridge Demolition) and Jason Meara (JK I-fly Yamaha).
The younger age groups completed their first race of 2018 at the end of morning qualifying. In the Supermini class, German rider Carl Osterman won ahead of Buster Hart and Kai Tucker. This strong second placing will bode well for Hart as he heads his home round at Newcastle next weekend.
The 65cc Youth group saw Zane Stephens take a solid win with Harvey Antrobus second and Jake Davies third.
Tickets are available directly from Manchester Arena. If buying on the door, remember to leave plenty of time. Doors open at 6pm with the show itself getting underway at 7.30pm.
BUY TICKETS for Manchester.
BUY TICKETS for the rest of the Tour.