GTCi Revo Kawasaki’s Tommy Searle extended his 2023 Arenacross British Championship lead after winning round 3 in convincing style at the P&J Live Arena, Aberdeen.
Searle, the reigning British MX1 champ, took a start-to-finish victory ahead of MX2 champ Mewse who had battled with Arenacross specialist Jack Brunell until making a pass stick at two thirds race distance. Searle looked comfortable on the challenging track and Mewse on a good pace in second. Brunell, still carrying injury from Belfast, finished a creditable third.
Earlier in the evening, the head-to-head eliminator was won in convincing style by Adam Chatfield, while Irishman Jason Meara held it to the line ahead of Mel Pocock in the Last Chance Qualifier. AJP Geartec Racing Team’s Jayden Ashwell secured the people’s vote to take the last spot on the Main Event start line.
Searle holds a four-point lead over Conrad Mewse, Crendon Fastrack Honda Racing, while team-mate Josh Gilbert is in third. The consistency of Mewse and Gilbert stretched their Crendon Fastrack Honda Racing team’s championship lead to 69 points, 14 points ahead of GTCi Revo Kawasaki, with the Mark McCann 64 YouTube Channel pairing of Joe Clayton and Elliott Banks-Browne taking the third team position.
The 2023 Arenacross Tour presented by Fix Auto UK returns on Sunday, the 29th of January. Doors open to the public at 2pm for pit access and VIP Track Walk. The matinee Show starts at 4.30pm.
Results Main Event.
1. Tommy Searle, GTCi Revo Kawasaki, 15 points
2. Conrad Mewse, Crendon FastTrack Honda Racing, 13 points
3. Jack Brunell, Troy Lee Designs GASGAS, 11 points
4. Joe Clayton, Mark McCann 64 YouTube Channel, 10 points
5. Elliott Banks-Browne, Mark McCann 64 YouTube Channel, 9 points
6. Shaun Simpson, Gabriel KTM, 8 points
7. Josh Gilbert, Crendon FastTrack Honda Racing, 7 points
8. Adam Chatfield, FU Geartec Husqvarna, 6 points
9. Matt Bayliss, Darjen Kawasaki, 5 points
10. Jason Meara, All Moto Yamaha powered by Start Solar, 4 points
Arenacross British Pro Championship after 3 rounds:
1. Tommy Searle, GTCi Revo Kawasaki, 46 points.
2. Conrad Mewse, Crendon Fastrack Honda Racing, 42 points.
3. Josh Gilbert, Crendon Fastrack Honda Racing, 27 points.
4. Jack Brunell, Troy Lee Designs GASGAS, 23 points.
5. Adam Chatfield, FUS Geartec Husqvarna, 23 points.
6. Elliott Banks-Browne, Mark McCann 64 YouTube Channel, 19 points.
7. Matt Bayliss, Darjen Kawasaki, 18 points.
8. Joe Clayton, Mark McCann 64 YouTube Channel 17 points.
9. Jason Meara, All Moto Yamaha powered by Start Solar, 10 points.
10. Martin Barr, Apico Factory Racing, 10 points.
Arenacross British Teams Championship after 3 rounds:
1. Crendon Fastrack Honda Racing, 69 points.
2. GTCi Revo Kawasaki, 55 points.
3. Mark McCann 64 YouTube Channel, 36 points.
4. Darjen Kawasaki, 23 points.
5. FUS Geartec Husqvarna, 23 points.
6. All Moto Yamaha powered by Start Solar, 16 points.
7. AJP Geartec Racing Team, 12 points.
8. Apico Factory Racing, 10 points.
9. Tru7 Honda, 9 points.
10. Gabriel KTM, 8 points.
Full results are available HERE. https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Events/2096473
Watch round 4 of the British Arenacross Championship on Live Stream HERE: https://youtube.com/live/Ex22A0Q8UJM?feature=share
Visit www.arenacrossuk.com for further information and to buy tickets!