It was a celebration of two-strokes and all things 1990s as Ken Roczen, Travis Pastrana, Josh Hansen, Ryan Villopoto, Cole Seely, Cooper Webb and a cast of top racers hit the Red Bull Straight Rhythm in SoCal last night. Check out the whole show below!
Here is all you need to know about Saturday’s event:
- The event has built off of that premise and transformed into a celebration of years gone by, with riders racing 20 year-old two-stroke dirt bikes and donning vintage-inspired gear.
- As it takes place at the end of the supercross/motocross race calendar with no race series
points at stake, the event is just a great time – for riders and spectators alike.
- Held at Fairplex in Pomona, Ca, the event featured only two-stroke motorcycles – older
technology machines that have a fervent fanbase even though they are no longer used in
- Racing was broken up into three classes by engine size – 250cc and 125cc – and operated on a
single elimination bracket, with racing a best-of-three format.
- In addition, a special one-off exhibition race featured action sports hero Travis Pastrana racing
Tyler Bowers on massive 500cc bikes. Pastrana, true to form, couldn’t help himself from throwing
backflips on every run of the race.
- Once the dust settled, it was Ken Roczen, who was perfect throughout the night – never losing a
matchup, taking the 250cc title.
- In the 125cc class, Joey Crown lived up to his name, racing his way to the top step of the podium.
- And in the most anticipated and exciting match of the night, Tyler Bowers edged out Travis Pastrana in the Maxxis 500cc Showdown.
Maxxis 500cc Showdown
- 250 Class Results: Ken Roczen 2. Brandon Hartranft 3. Josh Hansen
- 125 Class Results: Joey Crown 2. Michael Leib 3. AJ Catanzaro
Want to see the full show? Just click below!