Youthstream has revealed the Official Timetable and FIM Regulations for the first ever edition of the FIM E-X Bike World Cup. The one-day unique event is going to take place in Imola during the MXGP of Italy on August 17.
The innovative event allows MXGP spectators and bicycle fans alike to witness for the first time ever an E-Bicycle race on the motocross track.
HOW it works:
- The individual competition is reserved to electrically assisted bicycles
- It features the following classes which will compete together in a unique race taking place on the Saturday afternoon:
- EXBGP/ EXBGPW (Women): E-Bicycle whose assistance can exceed 25km/h but does not exceed the 45 km/h
- EXB2 / EXB2W (Women): E-Bicycle whose assistance can not exceed 25km/h
- Participants need to hold a valid FIM E-X Bike World Cup licence and request an entry in advance before the date of the event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
- Riders need to select the appropriate helmet and protective equipment according to the FIM E-X Bike World Cup regulation
- Prior the competition a technical control must be carried out. Riders have two possibilities for technical control: Friday 16th August 10h00 – 18h00 and Saturday 17th August 10h00 – 15h00.
- Riders are provided with a transponder and a number plate
- The World Cup will run in a unique combined race of 25 mins + 1 lap gathering all classes
- Final winners will be divided by class and gender. Separate classifications for men and women are foreseen in each class with eventually 4 different winners
Helmets: wearing a helmet with a chin strap is mandatory.
EXBGP/ EXBGPW:Only helmets meeting ECE 22/05 P standard are allowed. The homologation number must always begin with 05.
EXB2 / EXB2W:Helmets meeting ECE 22/05 P or EN 1078 standards with mandatory fixed or removable chin strap.
EXBGP/ EXBGPW:E-Bike equipped with a motor with a maximum rated continuous power of more than 250W and whose assistance can exceed 25 km/h but does not exceed 45 km/h.
EXB2 / EXB2W:E-Bike equipped with a motor with a maximum continuous rated power of 250W and whose assistance does not exceed 25 km/h.
The entry fee consists of 200 € per rider, to be paid online before the event once the registration process is finished.
This entry fee will include:
– 3 weekend paddock passes giving access to the venue as of Friday and allowing each participant to attend the whole weekend of activities planned for the MXGP of Italy, including the EMX2t Presented by FMF Racing, WMX, MX2 and MXGP racing as a spectator,
– 1 Living Area pass for one vehicle (car/camper),
– licence and insurance costs,
– number plate
– participant t-shirt,
– participant medal.
By clicking HERE you’ll be able to download all necessary documents including the main details on the first ever E-X Bike World Cup:
- Detailed Regulations in English and French
- Timetable of the event.
The moment we have all been waiting for, the debut of the E-X Bike World Cup, is in less than a month, CLICK HERE to register!
Friday 16th August
10:00 – 18:00 Technical Verification
Saturday 17th August
08:00 Track Walk; 09:20 Start Gate Demonstration
10:00 – 15:00 Technical Verification
18:40: E-X Bike Race – 25 mins + 2 laps
The FIM E-Xbike World Cup will be broadcasted on Facebook and MXGP-TV.com LIVE worldwide. The LIVE coverage will be free and easy to share on social media!
For more information on:
Medical matters: email@example.com
Sporting matters: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration matters: email@example.com