You are here
Home > MOTO HEADLINES > British Racing > Vets Nations axed until 2021

Vets Nations axed until 2021

Ken De Dycker in his Geboers tribute kit was a star of the 2019 event

The world’s biggest festival of old-school motocross, the annual Vets Nations at Farleigh Castle, has become the latest casualty of the Covid-19 crisis as it’s been axed for 2020. It’ll be run on September 11-12 2021.

it’s the biggest event of its kind in the world, attracting almost 1000 riders from around the glove as well as thousands of spectators. The official statement says:

We have been monitoring the current situation on a daily basis and taking advice from various sources as to the possibility of the 2020 Vets MXdN taking place on the weekend of the 12th & 13th September.

Having considered all of the data and information available, the reluctant decision has been taken to postpone the event until 2021. The provisional date will be the 11th & 12th September 2021.

The main reasons are based around social distancing which includes the safety of all riders, officials and spectators, with so many people on site for the duration of the weekend.

Secondly, it would be impossible for the social part of the event, the evening bar and disco, to take place and this does form an important part of the event for so many people.

Thirdly, with the UK Government having made fourteen days quarantine compulsory for most of our foreign friends at the moment, it would not be a true International event if so many are unable to attend.

The organisers originally set the criteria that the whole of the UK moved into level two of the Government Guidelines for the situation which states – Covid 19 is present in the UK, but the number of cases and transmission is low. We are currently still at level four which is a long way off this being met.

You will be aware that with so many riders requesting an entry into the event creates a large logistical problem. Therefore, it has been decided that all entries (and reserves) who have been successful, will be held over for the revised date and therefore entry fees will not be refunded. However, if any rider does not wish to take up this option, they should contact the Event Manager ( before 30th June when a refund (as stated in the Supplementary Regulations) will be made, but of course, the place will be given to another waiting rider in due course.We trust that you understand the circumstances of the postponement as our first priority is the safety of all concerned.